The term “tube” may refer to any type of small open-topped or open-ended containers used for solid or liquid sample collection, transport, storage, or testing. Laboratory tubes are also called test tubes, culture tubes, centrifuge tubes, microcentrifuge tubes, PCR tubes, cryo tubes, and a host of other names.
Each type of tube may have a specific purpose or may be for more general use. Some are suitable for heating or freezing, some are manufactured to endure pressure or stress, and others are used for molecular and biological testing.
Laboratory tubes are available in various styles, sizes, and materials.
- Plastic or glass: choose from multiple kinds of glass and plastic resins based on durability, inertness, and other material characteristics
- Shape: Choose open-ended or flat-, round-, or conical-bottomed based on your application
- Disposability: Reusable tubes must be adequately and reliably cleaned between uses
- Sterility: Choose pre-sterilized or nonsterile tubes as needed; some tubes may be sterilized after purchase or between uses
- Closures: Options include screw, cap, or plug closures and closure linings made of various materials
- Attached or separate closures: May be related to sterility or the need to maintain clean interiors
- Shapes: Choose standard or specially shaped tubes
Fisherbrand Printed Disposable Culture Tubes Data Sheet
Round-bottom, 14mL polypropylene tubes with blue polyethylene snap caps that can be positioned for aerobic or anaerobic applications.
Fisherbrand Easy Read Centrifuge Tubes Data Sheet
15mL and 50mL conical-bottom polypropylene or PET tubes with visible black graduations and your choice of plug-seal or flat top closures.
Fisherbrand Liquid Handling Consumables Guide
Learn more about Elite Pipettes, SureOne Tips, Microcentrifuge Tubes and Closures.
Corning Centrifuge Tube Data Sheet
Disposable, conical centrifuge tubes manufactured from ultra-clear resins in high speed 15mL and 50mL and large volume 250mL and 500mL sizes.
- Corning Centrifuge Tube Data Sheet (312.9 KB)
Thermo Scientific Nunc Centrifuge Tubes Brochure
Discover a suite of conical centrifuge tubes uniquely designed to improve results across your entire cell culture process.
LabServ Centrifuge Tubes Flier
Sterile 15mL and 50mL polypropylene tubes with flat screw tops, priced to save you money without sacrificing quality.
- LabServ Centrifuge Tubes Flier (1.6 MB)
Bel-Art SP Scienceware Floating Centrifuge Tube Racks Flier
Racks work on the benchtop, float in the water bath and hold 60 1.5mL to 2.0mL microcentrifuge tubes or 24 5.0mL centrifuge tubes.