Encompass Procurement Services
A One-Stop Shopping Experience and More
Encompass Procurement Services is a Fisher Scientific program that offers high-quality, full-service, and cost-effective third-party vendor aggregation, procurement, and supply chain solutions.
Encompass gives you access to more than 900,000 products that are not typically available through laboratory distribution channels.
By providing these services, we stay committed to our company mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Encompass Program icon identifies products fulfilled and drop-shipped from our third-party suppliers.
Encompass Customer Highlights
Encompass is more than just “one-stop shopping." It’s the most comprehensive third-party procurement program available in the industry.
Through Encompass, you can manage all of your laboratory product needs and eliminate the inefficiencies of submitting separate orders with hundreds of suppliers.
Reduce your product acquisition costs with help from your Fisher Scientific sales representative, Unity™ Lab Services personnel, and the Encompass team.
Markets We Serve
- We find the product/brand you want with next-day ordering capability
- If you cannot find the product you are looking for, please follow the link to the new item request form
- Dedicated team actively manages product content
- Continuous improvement of product pages on fishersci.com
- Real-time customer-specific pricing
- Management of supplier pricing across portfolio
- Team dedicated to live price maintenance
- Resolve problems and expedite orders via a single contact
- Direct communication, timely follow-up
Features and Benefits
- One-stop shop for your lab supply needs
- Consolidation of suppliers and invoices
- Convenient buying platform and interface
- Extensive database of existing parts and suppliers
- Rapid turnaround times for new suppliers and items
- Fast order placement
- Significant process improvements and savings
- We process more than 2 million annual purchase orders with 9,000 suppliers for 15,000 customers
- Customizable programs to meet your needs
- Minimal approvals needed to add new items or suppliers
- Adaptability and quick reactions to requests for your lab supply needs
- Familiarity with your business demands
- Dedicated staff backed by a global company, devoted to providing the best customer experience
- Product and pricing updates for products that you repeatedly order
- All items reviewed and approved for regulatory compliance (ongoing)
What Sets Us Apart?
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program is unique in the industry because of its:
- Unparalled experience and scale of business
- Breadth and depth of product and service offerings
- Integration of third-party products and the Fisher Scientific channel
- Comprehensive purchase reports
Products ordered through Encompass are always assigned regular part numbers to make it easier to re-order and prevent uncertainties and invoice discrepancies.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, our team offers services with a special emphasis on:
- Web Content Management
- Account Management
- Data Analytics and Optimization
- Expedited Shipping
- Product Management
- Sales Support
- Supplier Business Development
- Inventory Control
Suppliers are integral to the Encompass program. Our network of 9,000 suppliers is constantly expanding to meet growing customer needs. For more information about how to become a supplier, contact Encompass.SupplierChannel@thermofisher.com.
- Dedicated team assigned to manage all aspects of your account
- EDI capability for efficient document exchange (preferred method)
- Ability to fax or email purchase orders to non-EDI suppliers
- We process customer orders within 4 hours and transmit to suppliers hourly
- Your products are featured on our website for easy ordering
- Products accessible by 140,000+ registered customers
- Encompass Preferred suppliers are eligible for inclusion in our custom catalogs
- Customers can search by your brand name, catalog number, or keyword
- Co-branded product literature can be added to the Fisher Scientific website
- Eligible suppliers can be featured on the Encompass website
- Ability to add expanded content and images
- Option to receive customized reports
- Product optimization review
- Annual business reviews
Sino Biological is an independent developer and producer of high-quality recombinant protein and antibody reagents. It also serves as a one-stop technical services shop for life sciences researchers around the world.
Sepax Technologies, Inc.
Since 2002, Delaware-based Sepax Technologies has been developing and manufacturing cutting-edge products and services for liquid chromatography (LC). It specializes in LC analytical, preparative and process separation, and purification columns. It also produces bulk resins and systems in a range of modalities, including affinity, HIC, IEX, RP, and SEC.
LGC Biosearch Technologies
LGC Biosearch Technologies offers a complete genomics portfolio of products and services that enables life sciences professionals across the agricultural biology, pharmaceutical, biotech, and molecular diagnostics industries to perform research and testing more efficiently and effectively. The company specializes in the production of enzymes and competent cells for cloning and expression, plus PCR and isothermal amplification, nucleic acid purification and isolation, and next-generation sequencing sample preparation products—all manufactured under an ISO 13485-certified quality system. LGC Biosearch Technologies recently strengthened its reagents offering by acquiring the Lucigen Corporation.
Vector Laboratories, part of Maravai LifeSciences, is a pioneer and market leader in labeling and detection reagents for immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, glycobiology, and bioconjugation. Its product catalog includes VECTASTAIN™ ABC kits, VECTASHIELD™ Mounting Media, ImmPRESS™ Polymer Detection Kits, TrueVIEW™ Autofluorescence Quenching Kit, ImmPACT™ Substrates and SoluLINK™ bioconjugation technology.
About Encompass Preferred
Based on supplier relationships, we classify our products as Encompass or Encompass Preferred. At the Encompass Preferred level, suppliers work the closest with our team on the product offering, content, and order fulfillment. There are more than 1,000 Encompass Preferred suppliers.
Preferred Supplier List (Partial List)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you identify an Encompass product or supplier on fishersci.com?
Products managed by Encompass Procurement Services will have either the "Encompass" or "Encompass Preferred" icon displayed on the product listing.
What is Encompass Preferred?
Encompass Preferred indicates suppliers with which the Encompass team works most closely on products and product information, and order fulfillment. There are currently more than 800 suppliers designated as Encompass Preferred.
What is a typical turn-around time for orders placed through Encompass?
We commit to pass your purchase order to the supplier within four business hours. Since suppliers ship directly to you, the actual delivery times depend on the supplier and product.
Is there an extra charge for Encompass services?
The price you see on fishersci.com includes any service costs — there are no additional fees. We can consolidate your purchases from thousands of suppliers, aggregate content, and dynamically add new products to our website, so you always see the latest products that are interesting to the broad spectrum of Fisher Scientific customers.
How can I check the status of my order?
Regardless of product category, order status is available on fishersci.com. Log in and choose Order Status from the My Account drop-down list. In addition, we continue to invest in system enhancements and integrations with our suppliers to bring you the most up-to-date information about your orders as possible.
To receive automated order updates, change your account settings: My Account > Update Profile > Email Preferences > Check Back Order Updates.
How do I learn more?
Contact your Fisher Scientific sales representative to find out more about the Encompass Program.