Collection devices used to obtain samples of various types including soil, liquids such as petroleum and wastewater, foodstuffs, and more. Includes storage devices such as cups, and utensils such as scoops, spoons, and spatulas.
Products are available in a range of designs and sizes. Manual sampling tools (including spoons, scoops, cups, corers, and dips) are used to extract smaller quantities of solids and liquids from larger bulk stocks (or the environment) for further analysis, testing, or processing.
How are Samplers Used?
Samplers are often used in the laboratory or in the wider industrial workplace as part of quality control or quality assurance protocols for incoming raw materials or outgoing finished products. They may also be used for environmental monitoring of soil or water. They are designed and manufactured to enable efficient and safe sampling, and to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
Samplers may be constructed to ensure compliance with GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) or other procedural guidelines. Samplers are typically made of plastics such as HDPE or polypropylene for disposability and reduced risk of cross-contamination. Most disposable samplers are supplied sterile. Samplers may be manufactured from stainless-steel or aluminum for strength, reusability and durability. Plastic samplers used in food testing may contain a small amount of metal to allow detection by x-ray to control for accidental presence in the finished product.
Types of Samplers:
• General-purpose: laboratory spoons, scoops, shovels, and other utensils
• Controlled environments: sterile and disposable samplers, often with lids to minimize contamination
• Industrial samplers: for bulk materials such as granules or powders from sacks, bags, or silos
• Specialized core samplers: for harder or caked materials; single-point samplers for collecting aliquots from specified locations within a bulk source
• Liquid and dip samplers
• Food samplers: made especially for foodstuff contact
• Other specialized environmental samplers for soil or water