Kemtec™ AP™ Chemistry Kits: Separating Substances by Absorption Chromatography
Students learn the fundamentals of paper and thin-layer chromatography (TLC) as they answer the inquiry question, “What colors my food?”
Supplier: Aqua Phoenix Scientific 16105
Analyze various candies, foods, tea extracts and pen ink while comparing and contrasting paper chromatography and TLC results to reference materials. Teach students molecular polarity and intermolecular forces.
- Ideal for AP Chemistry, Chemistry I or II, or Honors Chemistry
- Instructor's manual features background material, easy to follow stepwise protocols, assessment questions, sample data, modeled calculations, and an answer key
- Kit designed to exceed 2013 AP Next Generation National Standards
- Meets AP Science Practices 1 & 5
- Targets Grades: 10-14
- Accommodates 24 students working in groups of two
Kemtec AP kits are compatible with optional data collection and simulations using TI-Nspire™ handhelds and software. Free activities can be found at www.fisheredu.com/TI.
|Ideal for ap Chemistry, Chemistry i or ii, or Honors Chemistry
|10 to 14
|120 mL ethanol, 120 mL ethyl acetate, 3 silica gel, 1 mL mixture of bromo brocreasol green and methyl red, 1 mL zylene cyanl, 1 mL mixture xylene cyanol brocreasol green and methyl red, 100 capillary tubes
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok