Innovating Science™ Small Group Learning: Chromatography Of Amino Acids
In this activity, students will perform a paper chromatography experiment on three known amino acids, and then use their results to identify the components of an unknown amino acid mixture.
Supplier: Aldon Corporation IS2522SGL
Amino acids are the fundamental building blocks of all proteins. Often times scientists need to identify the amino acid contained in a protein. One such method for separating and identifying individual amino acids is paper chromatography.
- Kit contains enough material for 5 groups
- Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included
- Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Disciplinary Core Ideas: PS1A; PS1B
- Performance Expectations: MS-PS1-2; HS-PS1-3
- Cross Cutting Concepts: Patterns
- Engineering Practices: Planning and Carrying Out Investigations; Analyzing and Interpreting Data; Scientific Knowledge is Based on Empirical Evidence
|Next Gen Aligned
|13 to 20
|0.5 g Ninhydrin Powder, 4 x 25 mL 95% Ethanol Solution, 2 x 25 mL Chromatography Solvent, 10 mL Alanine Control, 10 mL Glycine Control, 10 mL Leucine, Control, 10 mL Unknown Amino Acid Mixture, 4 Capillary Tubes, 1 Centrifuge Tube, 7 Chromatography Sheets
|7 to 14
|Cardboard Box Kit
|9 x 6 x 4 in.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Next Generation Science Standards is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.