Urinary Tract Microbiota Detection
When testing for urinary tract microbiota, speed and accuracy are critical. Traditional culture-based methods of pathogen detection can take up to 30 hours to product results and are imprecise, however. They lack sensitivity and specificity and have been shown to miss a high percentage of positive cases.
Applied Biosystems™ OpenArray™ and TaqMan® assays offer alternative, molecular solutions. They can detect urinary tract microbiota in less than five hours when processed through Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ Real-Time PCR Systems. And they are 33% more accurate than culture-based methods, according to verification data. They also allow for flexible content, are optimized for multiple throughputs at a low cost per sample, and enable sample processing right in your lab.
Contact your Fisher Healthcare product manager to learn more.
- Rapid results: Process samples and get answers in five hours.
- Verified sample-to-answer workflow: Designed for use on Applied Biosystems QuantStudio Real-time PCR systems.
- Improved specificity and sensitivity: 33% more accurate than culture-based methods for urinary tract pathogen detection.
- Scalable for high throughput: Can process up to 600 samples per day on a single instrument* using OpenArray nanofluidic technology.
- Access to service and support: Take advantage ofanalytical validation consultation services to optimize detection.
Qualified TaqMan Assays Included
- OpenArray Format (Comprehensive Panel)
- OpenArray Format (Flexible Panel)
Controls and Master Mixes Included
- TaqMan Universal DNA Spike-In Control
- TaqMan Universal DNA Spike-In Control (5X)
- TaqMan Urinary Tract Microbiota Amplification Control
Data and Support
- Application Note
- Workflow Application Guide
- Compliance and Training Products/Services
Analyze all targets at the same time in a comprehensive panel or customize content to meet your needs.
*Based on three instrument runs in a single eight-hour shift per day in a laboratory. Can increase to 800+ samples per day running workflows immediately after one another across multiple shifts in a day.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.