DescriptionThe kit uses the linearized and topoisomerase 1-activated pCR™-XL-2-TOPO™ vector, which is compatible with the cloning of blunt-end PCR fragments. Amplification of long PCR fragments is enabled by Platinum™SuperFi™ Green PCR Master Mix, which is included in the kit. Topoisomerase I activation of the vector allows PCR products to be ligated in just 5 minutes on your bench–top, resulting in high cloning efficiency (up to 90% positive recombinants with 10 kb fragments).
The pCR-XL-2-TOPO vector includes:
- ccdB gene for positive selection
- EcoR I site flanking the PCR product insertion site for easy excision of inserts
- Ampicillin- and kanamycin-resistance genes for your choice of selection in E. coli
- T7 promoter/priming site for in vitro RNA transcription and sequencing
- T7, T3, and M13 forward and reverse primer sites for sequencing
- TOPO XL-2 PCR Cloning Kits containing the pCR-XL-2-TOPO vector
- Platinum SuperFi Green PCR Master Mix—featuring a proofreading DNA polymerase (>100X fidelity compared to Taq) with high processivity and a density gradient to generate accurate, long PCR amplicons ready to load onto an agarose gel for gel extraction
- PureLink™ Quick Gel Extraction and PCR Purification Combo Kit—designed to purify DNA fragments from agarose gels or direct PCR purification using a silica-based spin cartridge in < 30 minutes
- One Shot™ OmniMAX™ 2 T1R Chemically Competent E. coli Cells—an improved chemically competent cell line, perfect for use in all cloning applications.
|Chemically Competent E. coli|
|Box 1: Store at -5 to -30°C.
• pCR XL-2-TOPO vector
• Salt Solution
• T3 Primer
• T7 Primer
• XL Control PCR Template
• XL Control PCR Primers
• Platinum SuperFi Green PCR Master Mix
• SuperFi GC Enhancer
• Nuclease-free water
Box 2: Store at room temperature.
• Gel Solubilization Buffer (L3)
• Binding Buffer (B2)
• Wash Buffer (W1)
• Elution Buffer (E1)
• PureLink Clean-up Spin Columns (in Wash Tubes)
• PureLink Recovery/Elution Tubes
• One Shot OmniMAX 2 T1R chemically competent E. coli
• S.O.C. Medium
• pUC 19 Control DNA
Store competent cells and pUC19 at -65 to -85°C.
|Approved for shipment at Room Temperature or on Wet or Dry Ice|
|Ampicillin (AmpR), Kanamycin (KanR)|
|Zero Blunt TOPO|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.