Invitrogen™ Qubit™ 4 Fluorometer
The Qubit 4 Flurometer is the latest version of the popular Qubit fluorometer designed to accurately measure DNA, RNA, and protein quantity, and now also RNA integrity and quality, using the highly sensitive Qubit assays.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ Q33226
The Qubit 4 Fluorometer was re-engineered to run the Qubit RNA IQ (integrity & quality) assay. The Qubit 4 Fluorometer and RNA IQ Assay Kit work together to accurately distinguish intact from degraded RNA in just two easy steps.
For all Qubit assays, the concentration or quality of the target molecule in the sample is reported by a fluorescent dye that emits a signal only when bound to the target, which minimizes the effects of contaminants on the result. The easy-to-use touch-screen menus make it easy to select and run the assays you need, with results displayed in just a few seconds.
Key features of the Qubit 4 Fluorometer include:
- Fast and highly accurate quantitation of DNA, RNA, and protein in less than three seconds per sample
- Measures intact RNA in less than 5 seconds per sample
- High levels of accuracy using only 1–20 μL of sample, even with very dilute samples
- On-board Reagent Calculator quickly generates Qubit working solution preparation instructions
- Stores results from up to 1000 samples
- Large 5.7-inch, state-of-the-art color touch screen for easy workflow navigation
- Graphical display indicates when samples are in the extended range or out of range
- Small footprint saves space on your bench
- Exports data to a USB drive or directly to your computer via a USB cable
- Ability to personalize your Qubit fluorometer with the assays you run most, add new assays, or even create your own assays with the MyQubit software and web tool
- Language of your choice including English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, simplified Chinese, and Japanese
The Qubit 4 Flurometer can also be used to directly measure the fluorescence of samples using Fluorometer mode. Additionally, Ion Sphere Particle quality can be evaluated on the Qubit 4 Fluorometer using the Ion Sphere Quality Control Kit prior to performing a sequencing run on the Ion PGM sequencer.
Enables more accurate results than with UV absorbance at low concentrations
The Qubit 4 Fluorometer is far more sensitive than UV absorbance, which measures anything absorbing at 260 nm, including DNA, RNA, protein, free nucleotides, or excess salts. Moreover, UV spectrophotometry is often not sensitive enough to accurately measure low concentrations of DNA and RNA. With the Qubit fluorometer, your research is enhanced by more accurate measurements because the dyes in the Qubit assay kits fluoresce only when bound to the selected molecule (DNA, RNA or protein) in your sample. This allows you to avoid repeating work due to inaccurate measurements.
Fast, simple, and accurate measurement of RNA quality
The Qubit RNA IQ assay provides a fast, simple method to check whether an RNA sample has degraded. The assay utilizes two unique dyes: one that binds to large, intact RNA, and another that selectively binds to small, degraded RNA. Together they enable you to quickly assess the quality and integrity of an RNA sample. To use, simply add your samples to the RNA IQ working solution, then measure on the Qubit 4 Fluorometer.
Save samples and bench space
The thoughtfully designed Qubit 4 Fluorometer requires samples of only 1–20 µL. It is intended for use at room temperature and occupies only a small amount of bench space. The Qubit 4 Fluorometer features advanced optics and data analysis algorithms, and comes equipped with a USB thumb drive and cable for data transfer to Excel™ software and for software downloads, as well as a universal power supply, four plug adapters, and electromagnetic CE certification.
Single sample measurements are a breeze
This user-friendly fluorometer is combined with quick and simple assay procedures. Calculations and settings are automatically performed by the instrument. The Qubit assays for use with the Qubit 4 Fluorometer are all performed using the same general protocol, which uses a simple mix-and-read format with incubation times of only two minutes for the DNA and RNA assays. 500μL thin-walled PCR tubes (Cat. No. Q32856) are required.
System specifications include:
- Instrument dimensions (W x L x H): 5.4 x 10 x 2.2 in. (13.6cm x 25cm x 5.5cm)
- Weight: 743g
- Dynamic range: 5 orders of magnitude
- Processing time: ≤seconds/sample
- Light sources: blue LED (max ∼470 nm), red LED (max ∼635nm)
- Excitation filters: blue (430–495nm), red (600–645nm)
- Emission filters: green (510–580nm), red (665–720nm)
- Detectors: photodiodes, measurement capability from 300–1,000nm
- Warm-up time: USB thumb drive: 4 GB
|Blue LED (max ∼470 nm), Red LED (max ∼;635 nm)|
|DNA Quantification, RNA Quantification, Protein Quantification|
|Emission filters: green (510-580 nm), red (665-720 nm), Excitation filters: blue (430-495 nm), red (600-645 nm), LED light sources: blue (max ∼470 nm), red (max ∼635 nm), Photodiode detectors: 300-1,000 nm range|
|10 x 5.4 x 2.2 in. (25 x 13.6 x 5.5 cm)|
|5 orders of magnitude|
|4 GB USB flash drive|
|Seconds per sample|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.