Thermo Scientific™ TNBSA Solution (2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid) (5% w/v)
Label primary amines (peptides or amino acids) for colorimetric detection (Amax 335nm) using this 5% solution of trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in methanol.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 28997
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce TNBSA is a 5% solution of trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in methanol that reacts with primary amines (peptides or amino acids) to yield a soluble colored product, a property useful for various assay methods.
- Couples with primary amines, sulfhydryls and hydrazides in aqueous solution at pH 8, without undesirable side reactions
- Excellent for solution or solid phase analysis
- Suitable for qualitative and quantitative estimation of biomolecules
- λmax = 335nm
- Reacts readily with primary amino groups of amino acids in aqueous format at pH 8 to form yellow adducts
- No colored derivatives are formed with secondary amino acids proline and hydroxyproline
- Colored derivatives are monitored at 345nm and have extinction coefficients in range of 1-1.5 x 104
|Storage: Upon receipt store at -20°C. Product is shipped at ambient temperature.|
|Other Label or Dye|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.