Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protein L Chromatography Cartridges
Affinity purify antibodies that have kappa light chains using Protein L offered in bottles, spin columns, filter plates and complete purification kits.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 89929
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Protein L Agarose is a versatile, high-performance affinity resin for antibody purification that is available as bottled agarose beads, pre-packed spin columns, 96-well filter plates and complete IgG purification kits.Pierce Protein L Agarose is a versatile affinity resin for purification of mammalian IgG isotypes that contain specific kappa light chains. Protein L is especially suited for isolating mouse IgG VkI and human IgG VkI, VkIII and VkIV monoclonal antibodies.
Pierce Protein L Agarose consists of recombinant Protein L that has been covalently immobilized onto high-quality crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B). This premiere variety of the resin provides the most versatile combination of chromatographic features for high yield and high purity purification of target immunoglobulins. The agarose beads have physical and chemical properties suitable for many affinity purification systems. Accordingly, Pierce Protein L Agarose is offered in several convenient package formats, including bottled resin slurries, three sizes of spin columns, complete purification kits, two sizes of FPLC-ready chromatography cartridges, and 96-well filter plates.
Protein L – immobilized Protein L is ideal for selective purification of human and mouse antibodies that have kappa light chains
Agarose resin – support is crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B), the most popular resin for protein affinity purification methods
Inert and stable – superior manufacturing method immobilizes Protein L by charge-free, leach-resistant covalent bonds, resulting in low nonspecific binding and enabling multiple uses without decline in yield
Standard capacity – Pierce Protein L Agarose has a normal load of immobilized Protein L, providing a binding capacity of 5 to 10mg human IgG/mL resin
Multiple formats – choose from bottled resin slurries, centrifuge-ready columns, complete purification kits and two sizes of FPLC-ready chromatography cartridges
Immunoglobulin-binding properties of Protein L:
- Binds to kappa light chains on antibodies from a wide range of species without interfering with antigen-binding sites; does not bind lambda light chains and some kappa light chains)
- Binds to all classes of immunoglobulin (e.g., IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD)
- Binds single-chain variable fragments (ScFv)
- Does not bind bovine, goat or sheep immunoglobulins
Properties of crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B):
- Support pH Stability: 2 to 14 (short term); 3 to 13 (long term)
- Average Particle Size: 45 to 165 microns
- Exclusion Limit: 10,000 to 4,000,000 daltons
- Maximum Volumetric Flow Rate: approx. 1mL/minute (for 1cm diameter column)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 30cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: less than 25psi (1.5 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
- Resin Slurries: 2mL and 10mL bottles
- Spin Columns: 0.2mL (microcentrifuge), 1mL, 5mL columns
- Purification Kits: complete kits in all three column sizes
- Chromatography Cartridges: compatible with automated liquid chromatography systems and with syringe processing
- Bulk and Custom: let us know your needs for bulk Pierce Protein L Agarose
Purification kits contain Protein L Spin Columns, binding buffer, elution buffer and neutralization buffer
|Upon receipt store at 4°C to 8°C. Do not freeze.|
|Agarose Resin, Affinity|
|Pierce Protein L Chromatography Cartridges, 5mL|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok