Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protein A Columns, 1 mL
Purify antibodies or perform immunoprecipitation with this standard-capacity, immobilized native Protein A on beaded agarose resin.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 20356
Perform a variety of antibody affinity purification methods with Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Protein A Agarose, a standard-capacity Protein A beaded agarose resin.Pierce Protein A Agarose consists of purified native Protein A that has been covalently immobilized onto high-quality crosslinked 6% beaded agarose. The agarose beads have physical and chemical properties that enable them to be used in a variety of batch- or column-type affinity purification procedure. Several package formats are offered: 5mL and 25mL bottles of resin slurry, 1mL pre-packed columns and a complete IgG purification kit.
Protein A is a bacteria-derived protein that binds with high affinity and specificity to the Fc portion of antibodies, especially those of the IgG class. Compared to its alternative (Protein G), Protein A provides the highest binding capacity for subclasses of IgG from rabbits, pigs, dogs and cats. Protein A also has higher binding capacity for human IgG, except for IgG3, which it binds weakly. Protein A also binds weakly to mouse IgG1 and is not recommended for most applications with that antibody isotype.
Native Protein A – immobilized Protein A is ideal for polyclonal IgG purification from human, rabbit, pig, dog or cat serum
Agarose resin – support is crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B), the most popular resin for protein affinity purification methods
Inert and stable – superior manufacturing method immobilizes Protein A by charge-free, leach-resistant covalent bonds, resulting in low nonspecific binding and enabling multiple uses without decline in yield
Standard capacity – Pierce Protein A Agarose has a normal load of immobilized Protein A, providing a binding capacity of 12 to 19mg human IgG/mL resin (approx. 6 to 8mg mouse IgG/mL resin)
Properties of crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B):
- Support pH Stability: 2 to 14 (short term); 3 to 13 (long term)
- Average Particle Size: 45 to 165 microns
- Exclusion Limit: 10,000 to 4,000,000 daltons
- Maximum Volumetric Flow Rate: approx. 1mL/minute (for 1cm diameter column)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 30cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: less than 25psi (1.5 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
- Resin Slurries: crosslinked 6% beaded agarose; 5mL and 25mL bottles
- Spin Columns: 1mL columns
- Purification Kit: complete kit containing five 1mL columns
- Bulk and Custom: let us know your needs for bulk Pierce Protein A Agarose
Kit contains Protein A Column (1mL each), Protein A IgG Binding Buffer, IgG Elution Buffer and desalting columns
|12 to 19 mg Human IgG/mL Column|
|Agarose Resin, Affinity|
|Upon receipt store product at 4°C to 8°C. Product is shipped at ambient temperature.|
|15 mL Conical, Spin Column|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok