Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent
Offer maximum volatility with the Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ TS48911
Use Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent for GC analyses of early eluting compounds that would otherwise be obscured in the chromatogram. MSTFA, the most volatile TMS-amide available, and its byproduct N-methyltrifluoroacetamide typically elute with the solvent front, allowing TMS derivatives of small molecules to be analyzed. Addition of Thermo Scientific™ TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines, and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone.
- Trimethylsilyl donor strength comparable to BSA and BSTFA
- Reacts to replace labile hydrogens on a wide range of polar compounds with a Si(CH3)3 group
- Used to prepare volatile and thermally stable derivatives for GC and MS
- Volatile byproduct, N-methyltrifluoroacetamide, has an even lower retention time than MSTFA
- Often TMS derivatives of small molecules can be analyzed when derivatized with MSTFA because the byproducts and the reagent itself usually elute with the solvent front
- Addition of Thermo Scientfic TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone
|98 to 100%|
|2°C to 8°C|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.