Invitrogen™ H2DCFDA (H2-DCF, DCF)
Chemically reduced form of fluorescein used as an indicator for reactive oxygen species in cells
Supplier: Invitrogen™ D399
The cell-permeant 2',7'-dichlorodihydrofluorescein diacetate (H2DCFDA) (also known as dichlorofluores cin diacetate) detects reactive oxygen species (ROS) in cells, for example to detect generation of reactive oxygen intermediates in neutrophils and macrophages. Upon cleavage of the acetate groups by intracellular esterases and oxidation, nonfluorescent H2DCFDA is converted to highly fluorescent 2',7'-dichlorofluorescein (DCF).
- Ex/Em: ∽492 - 495/517 - 527nm
- Product is air sensitive (store under dry argon or nitrogen)
- Product may be dissolved in DMSO, DMF, or ethanol for use
- Indicator is cell permeant
- Fluorescence can be monitored using a flow cytometer, fluorometer, microplate reader, or fluorescence microscope, using excitation sources and filters appropriate for fluorescein
Refer to the Molecular Probes™ Handbook for additional product information.
Apoptosis, Cell Analysis, Cell Metabolism, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Free Radical Detection, Nitro-Oxidative Stress, Reactive Oxygen Species
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.