Lovibond™ Honey ColorPod Handheld Photometer
Combines simplicity with accuracy for measurement of color in the honey industry.
Supplier: Lovibond™ 440110
The Lovibond ColorPod is based on proven technology that has been utilized in the water testing area for a number of years. Traditionally Pfund color units have been derived using subjective visual assessment in a Pfund Honey Colorimeter or against glass standards. This can lead to differences in reported values between users. A more objective approach is to use an instrumental method based on a photometric measurement.
- Handheld photometer for analysis of Pfund color units
- Fast, simple color matching
- Provides automatic absolute measurement; more accurate than subjective visual evaluation of color
- Instrument is compact and portable, allowing for measurements to be made on location, rather than transporting samples back to the lab
- Measurement is performed using two single wavelength LEDs at right angles to each other
- Light at 430nm and 530nm is passed through the sample being analyzed; transmitted light is then related to the Pfund color scale or to the seven USDA Honey classifications
- Samples are measured in 10mm path length plastic cuvettes that are inserted into spill-proof sample chamber
- Measurements take only three seconds to perform, with results output in mm Pfund honey
- Splash proof casing with chemical-resistant keypad
- To maintain battery life, instrument powers itself down if it has not been used for five minutes
|Honey ColorPod Handheld Photometer|
|Analysis of Pfund Color Units|
|430nm and 530nm|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok