Lovibond™ EBC ColorPod Handheld Photometer
Automatic grading of beers and malts.
Supplier: Lovibond™ 440100
The EBC (European Brewing Convention) color scale, developed by the Institute of Brewing and the European Brewing Convention, is a recognized method for color grading of beers, malts and caramel solutions as well as similarly colored liquids. It has a range of 2 to 27 visual units, yellower pale worts and lagers at the low end of the scale and the redder color of dark worts, beers and caramels at the upper end of the scale.
- Combines simplicity with accuracy for measurement of color in the brewing industry
- Instrument is compact and portable allowing for measurements to be made on location, rather than transporting samples back to the lab
- Provides automatic absolute measurement; more accurate than subjective visual evaluation of color
- Based on the photometric evaluation of EBC color that uses a wavelength of 430nm and a cell path length of 10mm as per Method 3.4A of Analytica EBC
- Measurements take only three seconds to perform, with results output either in EBC color units or absorbance at 430nm
- Splash proof casing with chemical-resistant keypad
- To maintain battery life, instrument powers itself down if it has not been used for five minutes
|EBC ColorPod Handheld Photometer|
|Measurement of Color in the Brewing Industry|
|2 to 27 visual units|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok