Invitrogen™ Subcloning Efficiency™ DH5α Competent Cells
Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells are a versatile, chemically competent strain for cloning that provides a transformation efficiency of >1 x 106 cfu/µg plasmid DNA.
Supplier: Invitrogen™ 18265017
Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells are a versatile, chemically competent strain for cloning that provides a transformation efficiency of >1 x 106 cfu/µg plasmid DNA. Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells are an economical solution for routine subcloning procedures or any general application where DNA for transformation is not limiting.
Features of Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells
• Designed for general, low throughput, everyday use
• Standard laboratory strain useful for general cloning applications
Ideal for routine subcloning procedures
Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells are recommended for routine subcloning of genes into plasmid vectors. 200 µL of chemically competent cells are pre-aliquoted in tubes for four reactions using 50 µL. These cells yield >1 x 106 transformants/µg control DNA per 50 µL reaction. Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells are not suitable for the generation of cDNA libraries.
Flexible cloning capabilities
Benefits of Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells include:
• lacZΔM15 for blue/white color screening of colonies on plates containing X-gal or Bluo-gal
• recA1 that ensures increased insert stability and prevents unwanted recombination
• endA1 that improves the yield and quality of plasmid DNA prepared from minipreps
• Supports replication of M13mp vectors but not plaque formation
F- Φ80lacZΔM15 Δ(lacZYA-argF) U169 recA1 endA1 hsdR17(rk-, mk+) phoA supE44 thi-1 gyrA96 relA1 λ-
Find the strain and format that you need
• We offer other DH strains in chemically competent and electrocompetent cell formats to meet your specific needs.
• Strains are available for challenging cloning applications such as library preparation or cloning unstable DNA.
• SOC medium (Cat. No. 15544034) for E. coli recovery after transformation is available, as well as other ready-to-use bacterial growth formats.
Shipping Condition: Dry Ice
|Chemically Competent Cells|
|Subcloning Efficiency (106 to 107 cfu/μg)|
|E. coli (K12)|
|• Subcloning Efficiency DH5α Competent Cells (4 x 500 μL)
Store Competent Cells at –80°C.
• pUC19 DNA (20 μL at 100 pg/μL)
Store pUC19 DNA at –20°C.
|Not suitable for cloning unstable DNA|
|4 x 500 μL|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.