Innovating Science™ Small Group Learning: Genetics Of Blood Types
Blood type, an inherited characteristic, has use in everything from forensic investigations to medical procedures. In this activity, students will learn about the genetics that determine blood type and the possible inheritance patterns and how they express themselves.
Manufacturer: Aldon Corporation IS3102SGL
- Students will use simulated blood to determine the blood type of four unknown samples and use their results to assist in the resolution of a fictional paternity dispute
- Kit contains materials for 5 groups
- Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Disciplinary Core Ideas: PS1.A; PS1.B; LS1.A; LS1.B; LS3.A; LS3.B
- Performance Expectations: MS-PS1-2; MS-LS3-2; HS- LS3-1; HS- LS3-3
Cross Cutting Concepts: Structure and Function; Cause and Effect; Scale, Proportion and Quantity; Science is a Human Endeavor
- Engineering Practices: Developing and Using Models; Asking Questions and Defining Problems; Analyzing and Interpreting Data
|Next Gen Aligned|
|7 to 14|
|Cardboard Box Kit|
|13 to 20|
|4 Simulated Blood Samples; Mother; Child; Sample X; Sample Y; 1 btl Simulated Anti-A Serum; 1 btl Simulated Anti-B Serum; 20 Blood Typing Trays; 1 pkg Toothpicks|
|9 x 6 x 4 in.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Next Generation Science Standards is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.