Fisherbrand™ Handheld Analog Automotive Refractometer
When you need reliable, accurate readings of your Battery Fluid or Antifreeze, the Fisherbrand™ Analog Automotive Refractometers delivers the value with ability to ready Ethylene, Propylene, and Battery Fluid measurements on one scale.
Refractometers have been used for measuring the concentration of solutions for more than a century. Their primary purpose is to measure the degree at which light bends as it passes through a medium, and is used in a wide range of applications and industries as a quality control and diagnostic tool.
Fisherbrand Analog Refractometers are designed for simple operation and built to last a lifetime with an all-metal construction. They have a rugged design and water-resistant seal.
Each unit is inspected in the United States by a factory qualified technician under a rigid quality control process to ensure its accuracy, and performance.
- Quickly calibrate the instrument with a turn of a screw, and distilled water
- Comfortable rubber eyecup blocks out ambient light and allows for crystal clear viewing of readings
- Automatic temperature compensation prevents the need for constant re-calibration of the instrument. As the ambient temperature changes, the scale will automatically compensate for the difference in the degree of refraction. This ensures an accurate reading every time
- All-metal construction and water-resistant seal between prism and main body protects and prevents damage to internal objective lens
- Metal footrest allows the instrument to be set on a flat surface without the worry of it rolling off
- Rubber hand grip is comfortable, easy to grasp. Its non-slip pattern grip reduces the chance of accidentally dropping the instrument
- One-piece, U-shaped metal hinged daylight plate provides durability to endure the strain of frequent opening and closing. Two screws allow the daylight plate to be easily replaced in case of accidental damage
- Machined hole for hanging the refractometer in a convenient location
- Portable, easy to use design
Engine coolant freeze points and battery fluid levels are one of the most important things to maintain a properly working vehicle. This is even more important in areas of extremely cold temperatures. The Fisherbrand Analog Handheld Refractometer measures vital coolant freeze point levels of Ethylene and Propylene Glycol based coolants to ensure that engine radiator won't freeze.
- Ethylene Glycol:
- IR-A100 and IR-100ATC: −84° to 32° F with granularity to measure down to 5° increments with a ±5° degree of accuracy
- IR-A200 and IR-200ATC: −60° to 0° C with granularity to measure down to 5° increments with a ±5° degree of accuracy
- Propylene Glycol:
- IR-A100 and IR-100ATC: −60° to 32° F with granularity to measure down to 5° increments at a ±5° degree of accuracy
- IR-A200 and IR-200ATC: −50° to 0° C with granularity to measure down to 5° increments at a ±5° degree of accuracy
- Battery Fluid:
- IR-A100 and IR-100ATC: 1.100 to 1.400 with granularity to measure down to 0.01 increments at a ±0.01 degree of accuracy
- IR-A200 and IR-200ATC: 1.100 to 1.400 with granularity to measure down to 0.01 increments at a ±0.01 degree of accuracy
Warranty and Services
|±5°; ±5°; ±0.01|
|5°; 5°; 0.01|
|Automotive; Coolant; Battery Fluid|
|153 x 39 x 39 mm|
|10°C to 30°C|
|-84°F to +32°F Ethylene, -60°F to +32°F Propylene, 1.100 to 1.400 Battery Fluid|
|±5°; ±5°; ±0.01|
|Calibration Screw Driver, Soft sided case, Applicator, Manual|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok