Gibco™ Sf-900™ III SFM
A low-hydrolysate, serum-free, protein-free, animal origin–free insect cell culture medium
Supplier: Gibco™ 12658035
- Sf-900™ III SFM is a low-hydrolysate, serum-free, protein-free, animal origin–free insect cell culture medium optimized for the growth and maintenance of Spodoptera frugiperda (Sf9 and Sf21) cells
- Also optimized for recombinant gene expression using the baculovirus and stable insect expression systems
- Medium is suitable for suspension and monolayer culture methods and supports growth of other lepidopteran cell lines
- Spodoptera frugiperda (Sf9) cells grown in Sf-900™ III SFM achieve maximum cell densities of 10 to 14 × 106 cells/mL
- Sf-900™ III SFM is an improved serum-free, protein-free, animal origin–free medium designed for growth of Sf9 and other lepidopteran cell lines and production of insect viruses and recombinant proteins
- Ready to use format does not require addition of serum, glutamine, or surfactants
- Cells adapted to other commercially available serum-free media should be sequentially adapted into Sf-900™ III SFM=
- Reduced hydrolysate concentrations improve lot-to-lot consistency
- Store at 2°C to 8°C, protected from light
Shipping Condition: Room temperature
Gibco Sf-900 II SFM is manufactured at a cGMP-compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Storage conditions: 2–8°C. Protect from light
Shipping conditions: Ambient
Shelf life: 18 months from date of manufacture
|Animal Origin-free, Protein-free, Serum-free
|Insect Cell Serum Free Medium (SFM)
|S. frugiperda, Spodoptera frugiperda
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.