Gibco™ Blasticidin S HCl (10 mg/mL)
Selective antibiotic in concentration range of 50G–100μg/mL
Supplier: Gibco™ A1113903
Blasticidin S is a nucleoside antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces griseochromogenes. It is a potent inhibitor of protein synthesis in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Blasticidin S acts quickly by inhibiting peptide bond formation by the ribosome.
- Used for prevention of contamination of cell cultures
- Recommended working concentration ranges 1–20µg/mL depending on cell line
- Provided as solution at 10mg/mL in 20 mM HEPES (pH 7.2–7.5)
- Supplied in 10 vials each containing 1mL.
- Resistance is conferred by expression of either one of two Blasticidin S deaminase genes: BSD or bsr
Cell Culture, Cloning, Drosophila S2 Cell Culture, Insect Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture, Selection, Sf9 and Sf21 Cell Culture, Transfection, Transformation
Shipping Condition: Dry Ice
|Storage conditions: -5°C to -20°C (protect from light)
Shipping conditions: Dry ice
Shelf life: 9 months from date of manufacture
|Eukaryotic Cells, Prokaryotic Cells|
|Mammalian Cell Culture, Insect Cell Culture|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.