Gibco™ Antibiotic-Antimycotic (100X)
Solution contains penicillin, streptomycin, and Gibco Amphotericin B to prevent cell culture contamination.
Supplier: Gibco™ 15240096
- Gibco™ Antibiotic-Antimycotic is used to prevent bacterial and fungal contamination
- Solution contains 10,000 units/mL of penicillin, 10,000 µg/mL of streptomycin, and 25 µg/mL of Gibco Amphotericin B
- The antibiotics penicillin and streptomycin prevent bacterial contamination of cell cultures due to their effective combined action against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- Amphotericin B prevents fungal contamination of cell cultures due to its inhibition of multi-cellular fungus and yeast
- Penicillin was originally purified from the fungus Penicillium and acts by interfering directly with the turnover of the bacteria cell wall and indirectly by triggering the release of enzymes that further alter the cell wall
- Streptomycin was originally purified from Streptomyces griseus and acts by binding to the 30S subunit of the bacterial ribosome leading to inhibition of protein synthesis and death in susceptible bacteria
- Store at -5°C to -20°C
Shipping Condition: Dry Ice
|Storage conditions: -5 to -20°C
Shipping conditions: Dry ice
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture
|Mammalian Cell Culture|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.