Edvotek™ Purification of the Restriction Enzyme Eco RI
In this Edvotek experiment, students actually purify the restriction enzyme, Eco RI.
Supplier: Edvotek™ 302
In this experiment, students actually purify the restriction enzyme, Eco RI. This procedure utilizes an ion exchange chromatography step for Eco RI purification.
- Column fractions are assayed for the enzyme using Lambda DNA and digestion products are identified by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Fractions that contain Eco RI are identified and pooled
- Total and specific activities are calculated
- Recommended for college level courses
- Packing column, 45 minutes
- Restriction analysis A, 35 minutes
- Restriction analysis B, 50 minutes
- Gel Prep, 30 minutes
- Electrophoresis, 30 minutes
- Staining and destaining, two minutes
All You Need
- horizontal gel electrophoresis apparatus
- power supply
- UV visualization system
- microwave or hot plate
- UV spectrophotometer & cuvettes
- automatic micropipet with tips
- ring stands & clamps
- 10 ml pipets
- lab glassware
- ice and ice buckets.
For five purifications
Some components requre freezer storage
|Instructions, ion exchange matrix, chromatography columns, E. coli cell extract, equilibration and elution Buffer, Lambda DNA, Lambda or Eco RI Marker, KCl, glycerol, dilution and reaction Buffers, gel loading solution, Agarose, electrophoresis Buffer, InstaStain™ Ethidium Bromide|
|3 hours 15 minutes|
|Purify the restriction enzyme, eco ri|
|Refrigerated. Some components require freezer storage.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok