Edvotek™ DNA Fingerprinting Using Restriction Enzymes
Learn about restriction enzymes.
Supplier: Edvotek™ 225
- The objective of this simulated forensic analysis is to develop an understanding of DNA fingerprinting by use of restriction enzymes
- Hypothetical crime scene samples are provided in addition to DNA samples, restriction enzymes and reaction buffer to digest suspect's DNA
- Digestion products are separated by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Students determine the guilty suspect through identification of the unique restriction enzyme fragmentation patterns
- Does not contain human DNA
- Some components require refrigeration, some require freezing
Contains materials for six gels (six lanes each) with InstaStain™ Methylene Blue.
|DNA Fingerprinting Using Restriction Enzymes Classroom Kit|
|For dna fingerprinting|
|Electrophoresis apparatus; power supply; automatic pipet with tips; waterbath; balance; microwave or hot plate; visualization (white light); misc. labware; pipet pumps or bulbs; metric rulers; floating racks; photodocumentation system (optional)|
|Some components require refrigeration and some require freezing|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok