Edvotek™ Diversity of Fish Proteins
Determine the relationship between three fish species based on their protein profiles.
Supplier: Edvotek™ 253
Includes: Instructions, fish LyphoProtein™ samples, protein molecular weight standards, practice gel-loading solution, buffer and Protein InstaStain™
Study the diversity of fish with these prestained, lyophilized proteins.
- Students extract and prestain total protein from perch, walleye and salmon using an indicator dye
- After separating each fish protein sample by denaturing SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, students find a characteristic banding pattern Pattern can be used to identify the specific species
- Electrophoresis, one hour
- Staining, 20 minutes
- Destaining, two hours
All You Need
- 3 polyacrylamide gels (12%)
- MV10 vertical gel electrophoresis apparatus
- power supply
- hot plate or burner
- white light visualization system
- automatic micropipet with fine tips
- test tube holders
- lab glassware
- glacial acetic acid
- distilled water.
For six groups sharing three gels.
Some components require freezer storage
|Identify the specific species|
|Refrigerated. Some components require freezer storage.|
|Instructions, fish lyphoprotein™ samples, protein molecular weight standards, practice gel loading solution, buffer, protein instastain™|
|60 minutes; Staining time: 20 minutes|
|6 Lab Groups|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok