Thermo Scientific™ DH5α Competent Cells
Chemically competent E. coli cells recommended for routine subcloning into plasmid vectors. Subcloning efficiency cells are not suitable for the generation of cDNA libraries.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ EC0111
- The φ80dlacZΔM15 marker provides α-complementation of the β-galactosidase gene from pUC or similar vectors to allow blue/white colony screening on bacterial agar plates containing Bluo-Gal or X-Gall
- Transformation efficiency: >1x106 cfu/µg pUC19 DNA
- Suitable for routine cloning applicationsConvenient economical packaging
- Contain genetic markers that allow for blue/white colony screening
- DH5α Competent Cells for Subcloning are suitable for the standard DNA cloning applications:
- DNA cloning following PCR or restriction digestion reactions
- Subcloning (transferring DNA from a parent vector to a destination vector)
- Plasmid isolation
- Genotype: F– φ80lacZΔ M15 Δ (lacZYA-argF) U169 recA1 endA1 hsdR17 (rK– mK+) phoA supE44 λ- thi–1 gyrA96 relA1
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Dry Ice (-80°C)|
|Lacks F' Episome|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok