Gibco™ CTS™ Synth-a-Freeze™ Medium
CTS (Cell Therapy Systems) Synth-a-Freeze medium is a chemically defined, protein-free liquid cryopreservation medium intended for freezing and storing a variety of mammalian cell types including stem cells.
Supplier: Gibco™ A1371301
- Product Suggestions
- Safety and Handling
- Product Certifications
CTS™ (Cell Therapy Systems) Synth-a-Freeze™ medium is a chemically defined, protein-free liquid cryopreservation medium intended for freezing and storing a variety of mammalian cell types including stem cells. Synth-a-Freeze™ CTS™ media is optimally formulated without antibiotics, antimycotics, hormones, growth factors, serum, or protein and buffered with HEPES and sodium bicarbonate.
• Use for cryopreserving a variety of primary and stem cells
• Save time and effort with 4 degree stable storage of thawed media and compatibility with a variety freezing protocols
• Be ready for clinical research with this cGmP manufactured, chemically defined, protein-free formula
Cryopreserve a Variety of Cell Types
Cell Therapy Systems Synth-a-Freeze™ CTS™ media performs comparable to our standard, serum-containing cryopreservation medium for cryopreserving a variety of cell types including human Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells (Ref 1), Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Keratinocytes (Ref 2). We do not recommend using Synth-a-Freeze™ media for cryopreservation of human epidermal melanocytes.
Simple Incorporation into Your Current Freezing Protocol
Synth-a-Freeze™ CTS™ media can be used with any standard freezing protocol. Just add thawed Cell Therapy Systems Synth-a-Freeze™ CTS™ media to detached and pelleted cells, aliquot, and freeze. For optimal results, the use of a controlled-rate freezer is recommended.
Simplify Your Transition into Clinical Research
The Gibco™ Cell Therapy Systems (CTS™) brand offers a broad array of products for use in cell therapy applications, including media, reagents, growth factors, enzymes, cell selection/expansion reagents, and devices. Gibco™ Cell Therapy Systems (CTS™) products deliver:
• Reduced burden in qualifying reagents
• Included appropriate certificates of analyses and origin
• Convenient access to our Drug Master File (DMF)
For Research Use or Manufacturing of Cell, Gene, or Tissue-Based Products.
CAUTION: Not intended for direct administration into humans or animals
• S. Shin and M. Vemuri. Culture and Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells. L.C. Doering (ed). Protocols for Neural Cell Culture. Springer Protocol Handbooks.
• S. Lemaire, K. Kosowska-Shick, P. Appelbaum, G. Verween, P. Tulkens, and F. Van Bambeke. Cellular Pharmacodynamics of the Novel Biaryloxazolidinone Radezolid: Studies with Infected Phagocytic and Nonphagocytic cells, Using Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Listeria monocytogenes, and Legionella pneumophila. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54(6) 2010: 2549-2559.
|Store at –20°C.
|Cell and Gene Therapy Research, Development, and Manufacturing
|Various (including types of human Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, and Keratinocytes)
|ISO 13485, MDSAP, FDA-registered, 21 CFR 820
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 18 months from date of manufacture
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.