Invitrogen™ Countess™ 3 FL Automated Cell Counter Starter Package
The Countess™ 3 FL Automated Cell Counter is a benchtop assay platform equipped with state-of-the-art optics, fully automated focus and lighting capability, and image analysis software driven by a neural network-based machine-learning algorithm, for rapid assessment of primary and immortalized cell lines.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ A49866
The Countess 3 FL Automated Cell Counter is a benchtop assay platform equipped with state-of-the-art optics, fully automated focus and lighting capability, and image analysis software driven by a neural network-based machine-learning algorithm, for rapid assessment of primary and immortalized cell lines. The Countess 3 FL counter is capable of brightfield or fluorescence illumination with three-channel flexibility (brightfield and two optional fluorescence channels) enabling researchers to count cells, monitor fluorescent protein expression, gain insights to apoptotic processes, and measure cell viability.
This Starter Package comes with a cell counter (Cat. No. AMQAF2000) plus:
- EVOS GFP & RFP light cubes
- Reusable slide
- 500 disposable slides with trypan blue
Features of the Countess 3 FL Automated Cell Counter include:
- Accurate—eliminates the subjectivity of manual cell counting and user-to-user variability
- Flexible—accepts up to two EVOS light cubes, user selectable from fifteen fluorescent channels
- Fast—counts live and dead cells, measures viability, reports average cell size, and saves data with a single touch, in about 20 seconds
- Convenient—requires no cleaning or routine maintenance; high-resolution capacitive touchscreen and simple user interface provide quick startup and requires minimal training
The Countess 3 FL Automated Cell Counter works in two simple steps:
1. Mix 10 µL of sample with 10 µL of trypan blue and pipet into a disposable Countess chamber slide.
2. Insert the slide into the instrument. Rapid Capture and Auto-Save modes allow cell counting with a single touch. Focus, lighting, and file saving are executed automatically.
Get accurate cell counts
The Countess 3 FL Automated Cell Counter uses trypan blue staining combined with auto-focus and lighting driven by a machine-learning image analysis algorithm to obtain accurate cell and viability counts. The measurement range extends from 1 × 104 to 1 × 107 cells/mL (the optimal range is 1 × 105 to 4 × 106 cells/mL), which is broader than that of a hemocytometer.
Simple operation with fluorescent application versatility
Operated using an intuitive user interface, automated cell counting with the Countess 3 FL counter gives you the data you need to prepare your sample for the next passage or experiment and allows you to multi-plex with a variety of fluorescent dyes and proteins excited via EVOS light cubes. You no longer need complex, expensive instruments to obtain reliable data.
Transfer data and images to your PC or cloud
Using the USB port on the Countess 3 FL Automated Cell Counter and any USB drive, you can save your cell count results and images and transfer them to your PC. (For your convenience, a USB drive and WiFI dongle are supplied with the Countess 3 FL instrument).
|Automated Cell Counter and Accessory|
|2 samples per slide|
|On Board, USB Drive|
|Immortalized cell lines & primary cells|
|Store at room temperature.|
|EVOS microscopes, Attune flow cytometers|
|LxWxD: 9 x 9 x 5.5 x in. (228.6 x 228.6 x 139.7 mm)|
|Cell culture & analysis workflows|
|Power Supply, Slide Holder, Slide, Light Cube Installation Tool, USB Drive, 10 Boxes Chamber Slide|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.