Abbott™ BinaxNOW™ Legionella Urinary Antigen Test Kit
For the detection of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 antigen in urine specimens.
Supplier: Abbott™ 852000
DescriptionBinaxNOW™ Legionella Urinary Antigen Card provides accurate, rapid identification of Legionnaires’ disease caused by Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 with an easy-to-use technology.
Rapid diagnosis of Legionnaires’ disease and early initiation of appropriate therapy has been shown to dramatically reduce morbidity and mortality. This rapid assay is used in urine samples from patients with symptoms of pneumonia. It is intended to aid in the presumptive diagnosis of Legionnaires’ disease caused by L. pneumophila serogroup 1 in conjunction with culture and other methods.
- Highly accurate – 95% sensitivity and specificity; treat with confidence
- Easy-to-use – Easy to manage and train; minimizes operator error
- Results in 15 minutes or less – Faster throughput in lab or Emergency Department, aiding in rapid, focused therapy
- Room temperature storage – Doesn’t take up valuable refrigerator space
- Recommended as part of the IDSA/ATS CAP Guidelines
- Decrease number of broad-spectrum antibiotics prescribed
- Shorten patient wait time/hospital stay
- Decrease need for unnecessary ancillary testing
- Improve patient outcomes through rapid, focused therapy
For control swabs to be used with this test, see Cat. No. BNX852010
|BinaxNOW™ Legionella Urinary Antigen Card|
|Qualitative detection of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 Antigen in Urine specimens|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok