Thermo Scientific™ B-PER™ Complete Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent
Efficient, gentle lysis and extraction of E.coli and other bacterial cells
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 89821
- An easy-to-use cell lysis reagent that effectively disrupts cells and solubilizes native or recombinant proteins without denaturation
- All B-PER Reagents are compatible with downstream applications such as affinity chromatography (e.g., immobilized metal affinity chromatography, glutathione chromatography), SDS-PAGE, and protein quantification (e.g., Pierce BCA Protein Assay, Pierce 660nm Protein Assay)
- This all-inclusive formulation combines the lysis reagent with lysozyme, and a universal nuclease to enable mild extraction from both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria
- Depending on the particular application protease inhibitors, salts, reducing agents, denaturants, and chelating agents may be added to the reagent.
Features of the B-PER Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent:
- Detergent in Tris buffer with Lysozyme and Universal Nuclease
- Improved cell lysis and DNA digestion, thereby releasing soluble proteins and reducing viscosity to increase yields
- Recovery of large molecular weight proteins (high MW proteins)
- Cost-effective equivalent to Merck Millipore Bugbuster™ Master Mix
- More effective than traditional sonication and typical homemade lysis buffers, many of which include detergents and components that interfere with downstream applications
|Proprietary detergent in 20mM Tris buffer, pH 7.5, containing lysozyme and universal nuclease
|Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent
|Store at 4°C.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.