- They have uses in many calcium signaling investigations, including measuring intracellular Ca2+, following Ca2+ influx and release, and multiphoton excitation imaging of Ca2+ in living tissues
- Cells may be loaded with the AM ester forms of these calcium indicators by adding dissolved indicator directly to dishes containing cultured cells
- Fluorescence signal from these cells is generally measured using fluorescence microscopy, fluorescence microplate assays, or flow cytometry
- Exhibit fluorescence increase upon binding Ca2+ with little shift in wavelength
- These probes are excited by visible light, and because energy required for excitation is low, potential for cellular photodamage is reduced
- Commonly used laser-based instruments (i.e., confocal laser scanning microscopes) are able to efficiently excite these indicators, and their emissions are in regions of spectrum where cellular autofluorescence and scattering backgrounds are often less of a problem
- Label (Ex/Em): Calcium Green; -1 (506/531nm)
- Fluorescence intensity increase upon binding Ca2+ : approximately 14 fold
Calcium Detection, Cell Analysis, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Ionic Homeostasis and Signaling
Shipping Condition: Room temperature
|Store in freezer -5°C to -30°C and protect from light.|
|Cell Viability & Proliferation|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok