Thermo Scientific™ MagnaBind™ Protein A Beads
Enable benchtop magnetic affinity purification with these ligand-coated (streptavidin, Protein A and G, GAM IgG, GAR IgG) magnetic particles and magnet separators.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 21348
Thermo Scientific™ MagnaBind Magnetic Beads are available with streptavidin, Protein A, Protein G, GAM IgG, GAR IgG and other ligands for use in small-scale benchtop magnetic affinity protocols.MagnaBind Magnetic Beads enable small-scale affinity purification and cell-separation without columns or centrifugation. The beads are silanized iron oxide magnetic particles activated with various affinity ligands. After a binding step in an affinity purification procedure, the magnetic particles are easily and rapidly collected by placing the microcentrifuge tube or reaction vessel next to an appropriate rare-earth magnet. MagnaBind Beads respond rapidly to MagnaBind Magnets. The particles can be easily dispersed and regathered multiple times (i.e., they will not irreversibly aggregate) because they do not have any magnetic memory.
MagnaBind Beads are available pre-coated with Protein A, Protein G, streptavidin, anti-mouse or anti-rabbit antibodies. Also available are beads activated with either amine or carboxyl groups as targets for customized covalent immobilization other proteins or ligands.
- Available pre-coated with popular affinity ligands or derivatized for covalent attachment of proteins and other specific ligands
- Beads do not irreversibly aggregate because they have no magnetic memory; collect and disperse the beads multiple times if needed
- Most separations require a short five- to 10-minute benchtop procedure
Properties of underivatized MagnaBind Beads:
- Composition: silanized iron oxide
- Magnetization: 25 to 35 EMU/g
- Type of Magnetization: superparamagnetic (no magnetic memory)
- Surface Area: greater than 100m2/g
- Bead Size: 1 to 4μm diameter
- Settling Rate: 4% in 30 minutes
- Effective Density: 2.5g/mL
- Number of Beads: 1 x 108 beads per milliliter
- pH Stability: aqueous solution, above pH 4.0
- Concentration: 5mg/mL
To remove MagnaBind Beads from suspension, an external magnetic field is used; see the ordering table for a selection of magnets.
Cell sorting using either positive or negative selection; Protein purification or immunoassays using either direct or indirect methods; Immunoprecipiation
|MagnaBind Protein A Beads|
|Upon receipt store products at 4°C. Do not freeze products. Products are shipped at ambient temperature.|
|0.2 mg of Rabbit IgG per mL of Beads|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok