Kemtec™ Osmosis and Diffusion Kit
Introduction to the relationship between solute and solvent, an interaction that is important to both plant and animal life.
Supplier: Aqua Phoenix Scientific 2302
Students will utilize starch and glucose solutions with dialysis tubing to model the cell membrane and observe the processes of osmosis and diffusion (essential concepts in understanding how cells survive).
- Students can experiment with membranes and molecules
- Illustrates cellular absorption in animal tissue
- Helps to visualize exchange between water and solutes
- Kit contains materials to carry out two complete experiments with glucose and starch
- Three part lab takes no more than two class periods to complete
- This laboratory activity is ideal for high school biology classes of all levels
- For grades 9 to 12
- Class size: 24 students
|Osmosis and Diffusion Kit|
|8 to 12|
|Instructor manual, student data sheets, methods of assessment manual, material safety data sheets, glucose test strips, dialysis tubing, pipets, two dram vials, iodine solution, glucose, starch|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok