Invitrogen™ One Shot™ MAX Efficiency™ DH5α-T1R Competent Cells
One Shot MAX Efficiency DH5α-T1R Competent Cells are derived from the popular DH5α strain and carry the tonA (fhuA) mutation that confers resistance to T1 and T5 phage.
Supplier: Invitrogen™ 12297016
One Shot MAX Efficiency DH5α-T1R Competent Cells are derived from the popular DH5α strain and carry the tonA (fhuA) mutation that confers resistance to T1 and T5 phage. They offer added security to protect valuable clones and libraries. This is especially important for genome and sequencing centers where T1 phage infection would be detrimental.
DH5α-T1R is a versatile strain that can be used in many everyday cloning applications. Prepared by a proprietary modification of the Hanahan method, these cells are suitable for the construction of gene banks or for the generation of cDNA libraries using plasmid-derived vectors. The lacZ∆M15 marker provides α-complementation of the ß-galactosidase gene from pUC or similar vectors and therefore can be used for blue/white screening of colonies on bacterial plates containing Bluo-gal or X-gal. DH5α-T1R Competent Cells are capable of being transformed efficiently with large plasmids and can also serve as a host for the M13mp cloning vectors if a lawn of DH5αF'IQ is provided to allow plaque formation.
Benefits of MAX Efficiency DH5α-T1R Competent Cells
• Transformation efficiency of >1 x 109 transformants/µg with non-saturating amounts of DNA
• tonA (fhuA) mutation to confer resistance to T1 and T5 phage
• endA1 mutation that enables cleaner DNA preparations and better results in downstream applications due to the elimination of nonspecific digestion by Endonuclease I
• recA1 mutation that reduces occurrence of unwanted recombination in cloned DNA
• hsdR for efficient transformation of unmethylated DNA from PCR applications
• lacZΔM15 marker that allows blue/white color screening of recombinant clones carrying the alpha fragment of β-galactosidase
Convenient and efficient format
DH5α-T1R E. coli are supplied in the convenient, single-reaction One Shot format. Each tube contains enough cells for one transformation so there are no efficiency-zapping, freeze-thaw cycles or money wasted on unused cells.
Genotype: F- φ80lacZΔM15 Δ(lacZYA-argF)U169 recA1 endA1 hsdR17(rK-, mK+) phoA supE44 thi-1 gyrA96 relA1 tonA
Find the strain and format that fits you needs
• DH strains are available in chemically competent and electrocompetent cell formats.
• MAX Efficiency DH5αF´IQ Competent Cells (Cat. No. 18288019) are available in chemically competent format.
• DH5α-T1R is available in Multishot format for high throughput applications.
Shipping Condition: Dry Ice
|Chemically Competent Cells|
|High Efficiency (>1 x 109 cfu/μg)|
|E. coli (K12)|
|• One Shot MAX Efficiency DH5α-T1R Competent Cells (21 x 50 μL)
Store Competent Cells at –80°C.
• pUC19 DNA (50 μL 10 pg/μL)
Store pUC19 DNA at –20°C.
• S.O.C. Medium (6 mL)
Store S.O.C. Medium at 4°C or room temperature.
|Not suitable for cloning unstable DNA|
|21 x 50 μL|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.