Fisher Science Education™ Environmental Engineering Oil Spill Management Kit
Hands-on oil spill awareness and cleanup kit designed for grades 7 to 12.
Students simulate deep-ocean and beach crude oil spills as they engage in the work of an environmental engineering team using models to learn the physical and chemical properties of oil and experience how scientists respond to oil spill disasters.
- Teaches environmental impact, basic oil biology, micelle structures and chemistry concepts such as hydrophobic and hydrophilic interactions
- Students simulate basic oil containment and removal techniques using their own oil spill models
- Includes a quantitative analysis of absorbent materials, hands on skimming and dispersant activities and an experimental introduction to concept of bioremediation
- Students work as team to research and systematically design oil spill solution, use iterative cycle to improve their solutions and learn to argue their points of view
- Great for applying knowledge and teaching higher order thinking skills including creative thinking, reasoning, decision making and problem solving
- Plan to spend several weeks on unit
- Class size: 24 students
Designed to accommodate 24 students working in groups of two.
|7 to 12|
|Students will simulate deep ocean and beach crude oil spills|
|Kit, Oil Spill Management|
|Quantitative analysis of absorbent materials, hands-on skimming and dispersant activities and an experimental introduction to the concept of bioremediation|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok