United Scientific™ Advanced Projection Ripple Tank
The Advanced Projection Ripple Tank is a comprehensive system for demonstrating basic wave phenomena using water waves.
Supplier: United Scientific™ RPTANK1
- The Advanced Projection Ripple Tank is a comprehensive system for demonstrating basic wave phenomena using water waves.
- A horizontal glass plate is mounted in a watertight frame with foam beaches around the perimeter to suppress unwanted wave reflections.
- This tank is mounted on three tall legs with an angled mirror beneath the glass plate.
- A translucent screen is fitted to the front of the apparatus to display the projected image.
- A stray light shield can be placed around the back and sides of the apparatus to prevent ambient light from reaching the screen.
- In use, a pool of water a few millimeters deep is filled into the tank.
- A ripple generator for mounting and energizing ripplers is fitted to one side of the tank and an adjustable LED stroboscope lamp is mounted above the glass plate on a gooseneck support to provide the projection light.
- The ripple generator and the LED stroboscope lamp are both driven by a Wave Monitor control unit that synchronizes the wave generator's oscillations with the stroboscope flashes to produce a stationary projected image.
- The wave generator can also by operated asynchronously, allowing the stroboscope flash frequency to be varied while the wave generator frequency remains fixed.
- This generates a moving projected image of variable speed.
- The included accessory set contains a series of five different ripplers (two of each), a pair of acrylic blocks, a barrier with slits, a clear foil with a printed grid, a plastic dropper, and a metric ruler.
|Demonstrating basic wave phenomena using water waves|
|Advanced Projection Ripple Tank|
|Ripple Tank, Five Different Ripplers (Two of Each), Pair of Acrylic Blocks, Barrier with Slits, Clear Foil with Printed Grid, Plastic Dropper, Metric Ruler|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok